Dan Kelsall is the founder of Offended Marketing. He’s straight talking, northern and a somewhat divisive marketing ‘expert’ (although don’t let him know we described him as one) and author of Fucking Good Content.
This episode is packed full of brutally honest reflections and anecdotes on what it’s really like to start your own business, which you don’t want to miss.
What do Eddie Whittingham and Dan Kelsall talk about?
- What the perception of mental health within the startup scene is
- What mental pressures founders face when starting and running their business
- How that pressure can take an effect both mentally and physically
- Whether it’s possible to find a ‘work-life’ balance when starting a business
- How starting your own company compares to the pressures of being an employee
- How to deal with self-doubt, imposter syndrome and isolation
- And much more…
Signup for access to the GoFounder platform – our online tool to help you start, grow and scale your business, without the BS – at https://gofounder.com/early-access/
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even just a quick one liner helps a lot! If you want to leave your Twitter handle, we can thank you personally!
On this episode, Dan Kelsall and Eddie Whittingham talk with complete openness about the effects that starting and running your own business can have on your mental health. It’s an episode with frank opinions, laughs and a few dark moments that all startup owners can relate to.
Thinking of starting your own business? Then this episode a must-listen – as you’ll learn all about how you’re likely to be affected on your own journey.
It’s not all doom and gloom, though. Dan and Eddie also share lots of great insights into how they handle things and why, maybe, the startup life could well be just up your street.
Prefer to watch, as well as listen? You can check out the episode footage below:
Keep scrolling for some featured resources!
Sign up for access to the GoFounder Hub— it’s our online platform designed to help you start, grow and scales your business, without the BS. We know how hard it is to get started, having to navigate through a sea of endless search engine results, different sources and vague advice — head over to https://gofounder.com/early-access/ to start your step-by-step, activity-driven journey to getting your business underway.
Thanks, Dan Kelsall!
If you enjoyed this episode with Dan Kelsall, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter or LinkedIn:
Click here to thank Dan Kelsall on Twitter!
Click here to thank Dan Kelsall on LinkedIn!
Useful resources for this episode:
- How to survive startup stress – the best support resources: https://gofounder.com/the-people/how-to-survive-startup-stress-best-support-resources/
- What is a startup mindset and how is it different: https://gofounder.com/the-people/what-is-a-startup-mindset-and-how-is-it-different/
- Top 10 challenges facing startup founders: https://gofounder.com/company/top-10-challenges-facing-startup-founders/
Check out our other podcast episodes
Business NoBS Podcast – 001 – Mental Health
4 min read
This episode is packed full of brutally honest reflections and anecdotes...
Business NoBS Podcast – 002 – Employee to CEO
2 min read
Shelina Begum is an award-winning journalist - a title she's held...