Shelina Begum is an award-winning journalist – a title she’s held for over 20 years. Only, Shelina isn’t an employee anymore. She’s founded her own company, Shelina Begum Media. We join Shelina just weeks into her journey as a startup owner to talk about what it’s really like transiting from being an employee to the CEO of a one-man band, overnight.
This episode is packed full of open and honest reflection, as well as a heap of anecdotes what it’s really like to start your own business, which you don’t want to miss.
What do Eddie Whittingham and Shelina Begum talk about?
- What reservations founders are likely to have when thinking about leaving their job
- What the triggers are that make you likely to start your own business
- How that perception of starting a business differs from the reality
- The early-stage concerns and fears when starting a business
- Whether it’s possible to find a ‘work-life’ balance when starting a business
- How starting your own company compares to the pressures of being an employee
- And much more…
Signup for access to the GoFounder platform – our online tool to help you start, grow and scale your business, without the BS – at https://gofounder.com/early-access/
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even just a quick one liner helps a lot! If you want to leave your Twitter handle, we can thank you personally!
On this episode, Shelina Begum and Eddie Whittingham talk openly about their concerns, fears and triggers on what made them decide to finally leave their jobs and start their own startups. It’s an episode with honest reflections, laughs and a healthy dose of optimism that all would-be startup owners (and current startup owners!) can relate to.
Thinking of starting your own business and how to make the jump from being an employee to your own boss? Then this episode a must-listen.
Prefer to watch, as well as listen? You can check out the episode footage below:
Keep scrolling for some featured resources!
Sign up for access to the GoFounder Hub— it’s our online platform designed to help you start, grow and scales your business, without the BS. We know how hard it is to get started, having to navigate through a sea of endless search engine results, different sources and vague advice — head over to https://gofounder.com/early-access/ to start your step-by-step, activity-driven journey to getting your business underway.
Thanks, Shelina Begum!
If you enjoyed this episode with Shelina Begum, let her know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter or LinkedIn:
Click here to thank Shelina Begum on Twitter!
Click here to thank Shelina Begum on LinkedIn!
Useful resources for this episode:
- How to start your business and take the plunge: https://gofounder.com/the-people/how-to-start-your-business-and-take-the-plunge/
- What is a startup mindset and how is it different: https://gofounder.com/the-people/what-is-a-startup-mindset-and-how-is-it-different/
- 7 tips to help you launch your startup faster: https://gofounder.com/company/7-tips-to-help-launch-your-startup-faster/
Check out our other podcast episodes
Business NoBS Podcast – 001 – Mental Health
4 min read
This episode is packed full of brutally honest reflections and anecdotes...
Business NoBS Podcast – 002 – Employee to CEO
2 min read
Shelina Begum is an award-winning journalist - a title she's held...